It’s #finallyfriday and #cleveland is looking practically story book or out straight out of a #Wesanderson set! It might not be the #grandbudapesthotel but #thegrandeuclidpromenade will do any day. Visit noubarbags.com to see why we named our largest clutch the #euclidavenue and have a wonderful weekend! #madeintheusa #playhousesquare #oldtimey #signage #outdooradvertising #upcycled #rustbeltchic #clevelandrocks
Happy Fat Tuesday everyone! In keeping with the theme of indulgence, #MardiGras and #costumes allow us to present our #tastefultuesdays list of favorite #redcarpetmoments at the #Oscars2014! So please picture an annoying drum roll sung by the wind-beneath-her-wings Bette Midler…..
1. We thought Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams played it too simple and similar in these pieces. And ladies Charlize Theron called and she is all “bitch stole my better Dior Couture look” from last year’s Oscar’s red carpet. Sorry ladies, but you did better in earlier awards shows this season most notably Amy in your plunging necklines. Amy we really do love you, but that hair was grandma. Jennifer your quaff is something better suited for an aging actress trying to take the focus away from the surgery like Jane Fonda or Cloris Leachman.
2. Lupita Nyong’o a star is born in that #Nairobiblue, bejeweled headpiece and perfectly cut deep V Prada gown She looked radiant and magical without looking like a mall princess. Simply put this dress put every other color and cut to shame. We are certain that Arden B and it’s brethren will ruin it for #promseason 2014, but for now we can still delight in it’s seraphic and ephemeral beauty. Congrats Lupita! 4.
3. Sandra Bullock’s galactic color palette in this Alexander McQueen dress is as visually stunning a technical masterpiece as Gravity and tells a whole lot less boring story.
4. Cate Blanchett is always daring and her outspoken choices never fail to impress us on the carpet or during her acceptance speeches! “The world is round people!” Cate herself admitted that this dress was heavy and while versions of it have been clumsily worn by the likes of the usually super stylish Sienna Miller like at last year’s Golden Globes we think the Cate Blanchett clearly holds her own in this Armani gown. 6. 7.
5. The prettiest lady of the night by far was the consistently stunning Jordan Catalano. Those eyes! That red bowtie! The white jacket! Yes, we must pay our respects to Ryan Seacrest for he too smashed the white tux, but he lacks Leto’s inspired ombre mane. We hope there is some truth to those Lupita rumours even though Jordan is a little old man river for our fresh young star!
6. Our only fault with the ladies that we have decided were not #tastefultuesdays detractors is that no one glammed it up in an ultra stylish Noubar! But everyday is a red carpet in our book, so please visit Noubarbags.com for more styles!
Images courtesy of: 1. Jordan Strauss AP 2. Jordan Strauss AP3. Huffingtonpost.com; 4. Steve Granitz WireImage.com 5. Jordan Strauss AP 6. Jason Merritt Getty Images 7. Dailylife.com 8. Jordan Strauss AP 9. thegloss.com